A vacancy has arisen for a motivated, hands-on, qualified JAVA developer to join the team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a proven history of delivering successful tasks within the framework of the team objectives. The key requirement is a can-do attitude, ensuring a high quality of work commensurate with the high availability nature of the business, and a keen interest in learning new technologies and quickly mastering them.
Demonstrated experience in working across multiple technologies as part of small teams would be an advantage, as would experience in working in a small but fast growing financial services or e-commerce business.
- Follow design and coding conventions established at CorporatePay and develop own modules/use cases
- Convert abstract specifications into executable code
- Being responsible for unit and integration testing of relevant modules
- Estimate effort/time required to complete unit of work
- Will be responsible for developing components for all layers of a JEE application (front-end, web tier, services tier, data access tier)
- Produce testing reports as and when necessary
- Should be able to conduct independent research on new API/frameworks/libraries
- Write automated build management scripts
- Report to Development Manager/Team Lead
Minimum Qualifications / experience:
- BA/BSc degree. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience.
- 4 years+ experience in JAVA development covering multiple technologies in a fast moving environment
- 1 year experience with design patterns
- 3 years experience with good coding principles to produce efficient and high performing algorithms
- 1 year experience with application development based on application servers like Apache Tomcat and JBoss
- 1 year experience with version control systems (CVS/Clearcase/SVN etc.)
- 6 months experience with build management tools like Apache Ant
- Excellent Java/JEE/Spring MVC/Hibernate
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of UML (class diagrams, sequence diagrams, use case diagrams etc)
- Good understanding of relational databases and object-relational mapping
- Any experience on JBoss Drools will be an added advantage